We could probably help more if we knew what events you wanted to handle, but in .NET the basic format is:
Private Sub SubNameCanBeAnything(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ButtonName.Click
'Code here to handle the button click event
Lets walk through the example:
1. Private means that it is only availalbe to the Class that it is in.
2. Sub means that it is a Subroutine
3. SubNameCanBeAnything is the sub name (can be anything, but it should be descriptive of what it does such as btnName_Click)
4. ByVal sender as System.Object is the first argument for all .NET event arguments
5. ByVal e as System.EventArgs is the second argument for all .NET event arguments (sometimes the as System.EventArgs needs to be a more specific Event Argument Typp)
6. Handles btnName.Click tells .NET what event this subroutine handles. Also one subroutine can handle more than just one event (eg: Handles btn1.Click, btn2.Click)
If you need more specific help, again please tell us what sort of event you are wanting to handle and we can answer with more specifics.