how to show a find dialog box like(find in notepad)

sarmad

Programming Experience
1-3
hi
i have some question

1- how i can show the find box (look like find in notepad) and search in my richtextbox?

2- can i play mp3 file in my project and do not stop until close the program?

i am waiting for reply

bye

if push come to shove build your own module that takes the text from the textbox; reads it to end marking the spots where it found the text your loking for. Then build a new string to return with the text you found removed, highlighted or whatever....

You can highlight the text by using the RichTextbox selected text property and so on... there is probably an easier way of doing this but you mentioned before if you couldn't you would have to use somthing else. I don't suggest this. A good programmer will make it work. Remember, all the methods we use to make our code simpler and cleaner is just code that was pre-written just like the code I just mentioned. Making your own not only works for you but also allows you to do more with it. After you get it working I bet you find many more uses for the same code you put into that module. I try to re-write simple commands and methods to my own taste just to learn and remain flexible. The more you do it, the stronger you will get. Give it a shot before you give up.

Back