Question how to run applications in safemode startup?

look4guna

Programming Experience
Beginner
hi friend!

i am doing a system lock project, for that i need to run my application in windows startup, even in safemode startup?

i have added my application to run in normal startup by placing path in the registry like,

hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run

but its not working in safemode startup. i hav seen some articles if we prefix

the key with an * symbol it will run in safemode startup, but its not working...

any one help me:confused::confused:

Thank you!!!

You indicate that you read Windows Program Automatic Startup Locations and know that an entry in HKLM...Run is supposed to execute even in safe mode, if the reg key name starts with * ?

Run program automatically upon safe mode reboot - Tech Support Guy Forums with reference to Playing with Safe Mode Didier Stevens indicates that if you make your app a service and put it in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot then it will run in safe mode,,

Doesnt sound very "safe" to me; i'd have thought that the whole point of safe mode was that no apps other then genuine MS ones could run..

service not working..

hi cjard,

thanks for ur reply, i hav tried to run as a service but its not running... have u seen any other thread relate to this problem...

Thank You...

Back