How To Print .rpt Without Using Crystal Report???

jerry_hokh

Programming Experience
1-3
Crystal report help!!!

any body there knows how to load and print .rpt file without using ReportDocument object???

thank you.

Jerry.

Dim TestRpt As New CrystalReport1
TestRpt.PrintOptions.PrinterName = PrintDialog1.PrinterSettings.PrinterName
TestRpt.PrintOptions.PaperOrientation = CrystalDecisions.[Shared].PaperOrientation.Portrait
TestRpt.PrintToPrinter(PrintDialog1.PrinterSettings.Copies, True, 1, 99)

Crystal report help again...!!!

My customer want us to load and print Crystal report file (.rpt) without using Crystal Report. They suggest us to use Printer object... Do you guys have any idea about this? Pls help...

thank you very much indeed.
from Jerry.

Pls help me print .rpt file without using Crystal report but using something like Printer object...

thanks..

'********************
'* merged POST ---------*
'********************

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't work that way... you NEED CR to print out CR reports. What is the problem that they don't want CR? It's not like it needs to be the full version of CR. Simply include the CR merge module into the installation and it'll install along with your program.

-tg

Wait a minute ... what do you mean when you say "without using Crystal reports" ???
Well, you don't have to install CR as stand-alone program but rather as TechGnome explained you need to include/merge CR modules to your setup project and that's all.
Btw, i was also wondering how it's possible that client telling you how to code and what you suppose to do about the reports?
Really bad for you if you have sucha clients (i am so sorry)

Regards ;)

Back