How to make a dll?

elloco999

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi,

I have written a number of vb modules that I use in several of my applications. I would like to put these modules in a dll file, so I can simply include that in future projects.

To do this, I've been looking in the MSDN, but several things are not clear to me.
- There seems to be a difference between single file and multi file assemblies. Is an multi file assembly an assembly that consists of several dll files, or does it mean it has several source files?
- The MSDN states Visual Studio can be used to make single file assemblies, but I can't find how... And for mulit file assemblies you need a compiler (vbc for vb files?) but where can I find that compiler?
- Many assemblies have a tree-like structure (ex. the system assembly: to use the Input/Output you need to include System.IO). I want to use this in my assembly. I have a security module and a custom input/output module. I would like to have these in my assembly (called tsd.dll) like this: tsd.security and tsd.IO But how do I do this?

If anyone can nudge me in the right direction with this... Or maybe someone knows a good tutoriol or article about this? I haven't found one yet...

Greets,
El Loco

to make a dll of functions for use in other apps simply start a new Class Library project then compile it and include it in your other apps

Someone on another forum suggested this tutorial. Just thought I'd post it here as well, maybe help somebody...

Greets,
El Loco

Back