how to insert data to 2 different database table?

w.kit

Programming Experience
Beginner
can any1 tell me how insert my order form to 2 different database record????
In my order form i want to link my order id, product id, quantity to my database order detail table and date to my database order table.

And i have 1 more question how to create upcoming orders to alert the user(orders which are due on the next day)????

Last edited:
can any1 tell me how link my order form to 2 different database record????
In my order form i want to link my order id, product id, quantity to my database order detail table and date to my database order table.

And i have 1 more question how to create upcoming orders to alert the user(orders which are due on the next day)????

To link to 2 different tables in a database you should be using for instance, Select Unique Table1.Item, Table2.Item From Table1, Table2 Where (Your conditions here).

For you second question I assume you mean from within a vb.net program. You just need to be checking each order against the current day and if the date of the order is +1 day then flag up an alert of some kind.

To answer your questions more clearly than this though we would need quite a bit more information.

Regards

To link to 2 different tables in a database you should be using for instance, Select Unique Table1.Item, Table2.Item From Table1, Table2 Where (Your conditions here).

For you second question I assume you mean from within a vb.net program. You just need to be checking each order against the current day and if the date of the order is +1 day then flag up an alert of some kind.

sorry just now i mentioned wrongly. Is insert to database not link to database. if just insert into database not need to put conditions right????

Back