Question how to get Ms access Data without using connection string[client/server]

thenndral

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi,

I'm studying VB.NET and doing Client/server project.
I'm using MS Visual Studio 2005 and MS Access 2007

I have question.
I'm doing project for some sterlizer company.In client place, install 10 sterlizer machine and have the cpu and with MS access DB. sterlizer status will be store in each machine MS Access DB.
Now I come to the point, How can I get the DB data from Remote?
Is it possible to get data without Network IP Address Connection string?
My client requirement[for security reason, I have no permission to use conn. string method], I have to use winsock or TCP/IP.
Really I don't know how to make it?

Please guide me in the right way.

Thanks in advance,
thenndral

You'll need to put some server software on the machine with the database; maybe a Windows service or maybe a web service. Your client apps can then connect to that service in whatever way you see fit and then it can connect to the database.

If you want to access Microsoft Access (.mdb or .accdb) data without using a connection string, you can follow these steps:

1. Open Microsoft Access and create a new blank database or open the existing database that contains the tables you want to access.

2. Go to the "External Data" tab in the ribbon and click on "More" to open the "Import & Link Wizard".

3. In the "Import & Link Wizard", select "OLE DB" as the data source and click "Next".

4. In the "ODBC Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)" dialog box, enter the path to the location of your Access database and click "OK".

5. In the "Import Data" dialog box, select the tables you want to import or link and click "OK".

6. In the "Import Objects" dialog box, select whether you want to import or link the tables and click "OK".

7. If you selected to import the tables, they will be copied into your current database. If you selected to link the tables, they will be accessible from your current database but will still be located in their original location.

8. You can now access the imported or linked tables in your current database just like any other table in Access.

By following these steps, you can access Microsoft Access data without using a connection string in your client/server application. This is useful when you want to avoid the overhead of establishing a connection and managing connection strings for each user or application that needs to access the data.

Back