How to find WebRequest response time?

akhhttar

Programming Experience
1-3
Can anybody tell me how can i find 'WebRequest' Response time..
for example if i create a WebRequest of 'www.hotmail.com' ...i wanna know that how much time it take to complete the request

Will you explain , do u need to get the response time ahead of loading the page, as for as i think it is uncertain as when you are working in internet enviornment it is always uncertian and depends upon the different parameters,
However few workarounds is possible that can inject some custom logic to calculate the bulk of data and then conncetion speead etc so that we can perdict total trip time
but if u mean Response by some dynamic page then i m sorry to say it is ruthless because in such case more params paly their role to determine the response time.
in such cases we use scripting to calculate the total response time on client side but certianly it is only possible when the response has been recieved by the client.

i just want to know the response time of the page that is requested by following code
WebRequest wr=WebRequest.create(http://www.anywebsite.com);
WebResponse resp=wr.GetResponse();

Now i want to know the totoal response time of the webrequest....

There is no any api method available to do this because as i said in previous post it is highly un certian , therefore only possible method is to use standard techinique to invoke the current time before and after the GetResponse method becuase this method actually brings the results from web while the Create mehtod just return u the required instance of ur required stream.

so i think u go on with the getting time before and after and then subtract them to get final time

thanx for your response gripusa

yes gripusa, i think you are right..
anyway thanx for your response

Back