How to fill in web forms from a csv file using a vb wondows form app?

E099033

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have a csv file that contains values such as "first name", "last name", "Date of birth". I want to create a simple vb app that will let me choose the csv file from my desktop that I want to use, then use the values in it to fill in a web form on a website. Basically, I am trying to automate the process of having to create hundreds of users. Can someone get me started on how to code this? It would be a simple form with 2 buttons(1 for "choose file" and another for "start upload".

You want to automate the process of creating hundreds of users where exactly? Your own system or some website? If it's a system you own, there is almost certainly a way to import users directly in the database. If it's some other website, then send your CSVs to the site admin, he can do it for you.

And don't think I don't understand here, there is no legitimate reason why you would want to fill web forms to create users en masse like this. Except maybe load testing, but if that was the case you would already have a test suite capable of doing it all for you.

Back