how to disable all breakpoints in VB 2008 ?

dg78

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,

With VB 2003, I had, in the menu Debug, a choose : Disable all breakpoints.

I don't find it with VB 2005 or 2008.

I think it was useful to disable/enable all breakpoints (not delete them).

Thanks if you have a solution to re-appear it.

Dominique

You can choose Debug > Windows > Breakpoints which has a Disable All Breakpoints option.

Otherwise you can choose to add a button to your toolbar and choose it from the Commands tab under Debug.

Thanks for your answer.

I have not a Disable All Breakpoints option in Debug > Windows > Breakpoints.

I found how to do :
Tools / Customize / Command / choose category Debug / drag "enable all breakpoints" and drop it on menu debug in the bottom for example.
Then the same for "disable all breakpoints".
In fact, it is your second solution with more details.

There are many useful things in the menu Customize. I never use it (it is a mistake).

I also found an other solution in this blog with macros to do it.
http://weseetips.com/2008/06/09/how-to-enabledisable-all-breakpoints-in-single-keystroke/
Then it is the same to put on the menu (with category Macro).

Cheers

You can also create a shortcut key combo for it if you like by clicking the "Keyboard" button on the same dialog displayed by "Tools / Customize / Command / choose category Debug".

But, the button may be easier to use.

CT

Sorry I didn't give more details on the second option. Glad you figured it out.

I'm not sure why you don't see the button in the breakpoints window. I've attached an image of where it shows up in Visual Studio 2005 SP1.

Attachments

• DisableAllBreakpoints.jpg
    DisableAllBreakpoints.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 34
You are right. I have this button. In fact i looked for a menu item under Debug / Windows.

I added "Disable all breakpoints" as a menuitem in the bottom of the menu Debug. With that solution, I have only 2 mouse clic (Debug then Disable all breakpoints) instead of 4 (Debug, Windows, breakpoints then Disable all breakpoints). I become lazy :)
But I see that when the breakpoints is as a tab in the bottom of the IDE, you have only one mouve hover on this tab then only one clic.

Several solutions for the same result with also the shortcut as Cavar said.

Thanks.

Back