Question how to connect mysql database?

an_vbdotnet

Programming Experience
Beginner
hello friendz
i am a vfp devloper i am working there fine . but i want to move to vb.net . i want to start my payroll project from vfp to vb.net. in vfp am using vfp as front end and mysql as bacend . in my vfp project i am using spt( sql pass through) to connect mysql to vfp . so will any body tell me how to do this in vb.net .
regards
anand
:)

In VB.NET you will be using ADO.NET for data access. With ADO.NET, the pattern is basically the same no matter whether your data source is Access, SQL Server, text files, Oracle, Excel, MySQL, etc, etc. Only the details will change. So, you should start by reading about ADO.NET. Pretty much any ADO.NET information will be relevant and you can simply change the details to suit your data source. For connecting to MySQL, I would suggest that you download and install Connector/Net from the MySQL web site. It's a MySQL-specific ADO.NET provider. If you find examples for SQL Server, as many Microsoft samples are, you can simply replace the SqlClient classes, e.g. SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter, with the corresponding MySqlClient classes, e.g. MySqlConnection and MySqlDataAdapter.

Back