How to conditionally set dll references

nhenriqu

Programming Experience
10+
Hi, I am new to the forum and relatively new to coding in VB .net 2008, but have been programming for 15+ years in various other languages.

We have developed a console application that with run on and end users workstation (win xp) and also run automated on a Win Server 2003 server through the task scheduler.

The challenge is the dll's it references are located on the C:<path> drive on the endusers workstation and our IT staff has placed the dlls on the D:<path> drive. The console app fails when running on the server as the "reference" path is pointing to the C: drive.

So my question is; (a) is there away to conditionally compile the application for a specific target (workstation vs server) ? Or is there a better way of doing this all together ?

Thanks in advance
Nigel

Not sure if you mean project referenced dlls or somehow in code referring to pathed dlls. .Net dll references is probed in local app path or GAC, for COM the interop (local or GAC) looks for paths in registry. I suspect you are either not deploying the app properly.

Back