how do i save a form and.......

sean123voth

Programming Experience
Beginner
how do i save a form and open it with out VB on a computer:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
You have to work on that question some more, I'd be surprised if anybody else understands what you ask.

how do i save a form and open it with out VB on a computer

on a computer with the vb.net IDE make your program then run it once

copy the exe file in the project's Bin folder to the computer that does not have the vb.net IDE on it

install the .net framework on the computer that does not have the vb.net IDE

run the exe file on the computer that just had the framework installed on it

there you go, your form is showing on the computer without vb on it

If I understand, you want to RUN the program on a computer without VB?

If that is the case, you must make the install package ("Publish," in VB.NET nomenclature) and install it on a computer that does not have VB. Make sure the computer has the correct Framework version on it when you go to install the application.

Btw, just copying the EXE file will not be safe, even when running the correct Framework version. It's best to create an install package and do an install. Your application may require certain files, which the EXE will not have access to if it alone is copied.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he wants to know how to open the Form1.vb for editing purposes on a computer without the Visual Basic/Studio IDE.

If all you want to do is open the file to view its contents, right click, open with, select notepad (or your prefered editor).

If you want to edit it and rebuild it, your going to need the IDE.

See what happens when you are not clear sean123voth, we all start to have a guess as to how best interpret your query and eventually what will happen is what we are seeing here, a thread that has most likely gone completely off topic. I'm not in the habit of trying to guess as the 'cream cracker invariably lands butter side down'

I've worked with worse, vis781, its really bad when one guy speaks Portuguese and one speaks English :p.

But if you act nice to them, they normally attempt to make sense ;)

When someone asks you politely to elaborate and you just cut and paste what you wrote before, that's not attempting anything. I say that if you aren't prepared to make an effort when asking for help there's no reason to expect anyone else to make an effort. I enjoy helping others but I'm no charity. That's just my opinion and is (I'm sure) bnot endorsed by the management.

Back