Question How Do I Make a Programe that Can't End Process in Windows Task Manager ??

Sachith

Programming Experience
3-5
I have made a Antivirus Software and I want to do that Please help me,
I have searched internet for months and i did not find a Way

Sachith

When I look at my antivirus software I see the scanner runs as a windows service under the system account, it also has the CanStop set to false. The UI is a regular windows app, and it doesn't matter if this is closed/reopened because it is just a user front-end to the underlying security services. Whether it has additional locks I don't know, but you could try and see how that works.

If your AV by any chance is a windows form then one option is to just hide you app from the applications listing in task manager by setting the forms ShowInTaskbar property to False.

No.. My App Like a Windows Service, and Its Only Visible in Task Managers Processes Tab Only.

By the way do you know a way to make my program in visible in the Processes Tab in the Task Manager as a System Process ???
Because when we try to end process a System Process We Get Only a Blocking Massage From Windows

No.. My App Like a Windows Service, and Its Only Visible in Task Managers Processes Tab Only.
So it is a windows service? :)
By the way do you know a way to make my program in visible in the Processes Tab in the Task Manager as a System Process ???
Not without searching the web, I don't.
Because when we try to end process a System Process We Get Only a Blocking Massage From Windows
Are you by this confirming your service runs as 'system' user and has CanStop set to False, and that this still allows you to kill it?

me said:
Are you by this confirming your service runs as 'system' user and has CanStop set to False, and that this still allows you to kill it?
I can answer this myself now, as admin it does still allow the associated process to be ended thus stopping the service. A quick search on the web didn't add more to it either, the reason is probably the malware factor.

Back