How do I fetch login info from JavaScript cookie

MachineHead

Programming Experience
1-3
How do I fetch login info from JavaScript cookie in a login page and insert the information in connection strings in other .aspx (and .config) files?

I a total newb in VB and have little to no experience working with sessions and cookies, so -any- help would be appreciated!

I'm accessing a website which first directs me to a login (login.aspx, contains JavaScript to set login information) page, and when authenticated I get access to a couple of new pages, LD.aspx and LE.aspx;

The two latter contain several controls (ASPxGridView, ASPxComboBox etc.) that use datasources which require authentication. My main problem is that I don't know how to pass the information from the login page to the connection strings in LD, LE and web.config, save for hard coding them, which is clearly no option since this page is to be accessed by several users.

Any help would not only save my day, but my entire week!

If you want to maintain session variables, take a look at my blog (link below) - I've done a whole series of posts about sessions - you can basically just use them and they work, but you might want to read some of the other stuff.

Back