Hiding a textbox

Steven McDonald

Programming Experience
Beginner
Is it possible to "hide" a textbox but still give it focus without setting the visible property to false?

That seems a very odd thing to want to do Steven. Do you mind if I ask why you want to do it as there may be a better way to achieve your goal. No offence but what you are doing really does sound like a hack.

Writing a prog where employee can log in or just scan their employee cards.

I've just started here and am working someone else's code, just needed somewhere to store the employeeID temporarily. If there is a better way it would be great.

The thing that I don't understand is why you want it to be able to receive focus and yet not be visible. Are you intending that the user input the value yet not be able to see what they are inputting? If that's the case then it is likely to be error-prone. If it's not the case, why do you need a control to store the value instead of just putting it in a String variable?

its new to me so I'm using this guys code. I'm trying to find which event is fired when the scanner reads a bar code.

Problem is that when i do this it sends the value to the next available textbox / input box. my quick solution was that.

Thinking of another way to do it.

Sounds good to me. We'll see bout performance but I'm more worried bout a possible security loop-hole.

Back