Help with program (access and general)

Naev

Programming Experience
Beginner
I'm kinda new to VB.net and am working on a program that i need for work. I'm looking for any information that I can get as far as ideas, code snippets or anything.

I have a access file with student names and record information. Just general things. The primary key is student id. The user will input the student ID, and andother piece of info, and example would be "B" or "C". Then they will hit a save button. Once the save button is clicked I want the User ID, the new piece of info, and the rest of the info in the row to be saved into a new Access database or even a text file with comma seperators between fields and returns after rows.

The main purpose is to create a new order of student ID's (and the rest of the info that goes with that student ID) in the new table as well as add the extra piece of info. Like I said any logic or code snippets would help. Thanks again.

justin

Ok concreate scenario. Example of the table I have...

Student ID Teacher Grade Item
12345 Bob 8
99999 Sue 11
55555 Joe 9
77777 Jane 12

Item is blank...thats what we are filling.
User goes to program and enters Student ID.....55555 Item ....C
User clicks save

55555 Joe 9 and C are saved in new table

User now enters 99999 and D
User Clicks Save

99999 Sue 11 and D are now saved in the new table in there respective fields, and in row 2.

The main purpose is to put the ID's in the new table in the order they are entered and add the item to them. None of the other information will be changed. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

Naev

Back