Help with imaging

warchild69

Programming Experience
3-5
Hey Guru's
Got an intersting problem on hand.

Does any one have any idea how i can write a print driver to convert documents into images sort of a PDF style but it needs to be a image.

Reason i can use the available applications that print to images is because my system or "print driver" needs to kick off a process as soon as the document has compleated printing it also needs to create it's own filename etc and not prompt the user.
Yea i was thinking the same thing why can't they ask us to do simple development lol.

Please any help would be really appreciated.

Hey Kulrom

Thats right, basically when you click on print i need to be able to set my app as a printer which then exports or prints to an image.

I need to kick off a proccess as soon as the document has written the image so if you could help me to print to image that would be 100%.

Reagrds

You see, i know the language (vb.net) and stuff (i can do almost everything if i know what to do) but i'm afraid i still don't understand your question. If you don't mind please stop give additonal explanation and simply tell me what you intend there. Avoid everything like "I need to kick off a process as soon ... " ... with other words, do you want to get screen shot of the form and send it to printer or you want 1st to extract the content from controls (set up the position and look) and then send to the printer.
Please don't object me as i can be of help just in this way.

Regards ;)

As i said, everything is possible but i'm afraid it is not trivial at all. You would have to spend very much time to accomplish it from scratch :(
Getting screenshot of entire screen is peace of cake but extract only content ot certain document ... oh, it is beast i would say :D

Regards ;)

Last edited:
Back