Help with a problem with 2 forms!!!

--DANNY--

Programming Experience
1-3
I have 2 forms. frmBrowser and frmFTP. I have a web browser window thing in frmBrowser, and a string called strFTPAddress which is whatever is entered into a textbox on that form, and a button on each form. I want to be able to press a button on frmBrowser to open up frmFTP. Then enter a site into the textbox, which saves it to strFTPAddress. Then press a button on frmFTP that makes the browser box in frmBrowser goto the site in the string.

So far, I have it setup so that when you press a button on frmBrowser, frmFTP opens up. Then when you enter something for the string, and press the button, nothing happens on the frmBrowser page.

How do I make this work?

This is what I have for the button on frmFTP...

PrivateSub btnLogin_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As ystem.EventArgs) Handles btnLogin.Click
Dim main As frmBrowser
Dim strFTPAddress AsString
strFTPAddress = txtFTPAddress.Text
main.awbWindow.Navigate(strFTPAddress)
me.close()
EndSub

THIS IS WHAT I GET WHEN I CLICK ON THE BUTTON ON FrmFTP

vb.jpg

i got your project to work with the sugestions posted here, i'll upload it sometime tonight so you can see for yourself also the actual code you have for logging into the ftp site you specified doesnt work either (fyi)

unzip all the files, then simply double click browser.sln (this is the main solution file that tells vb to load the other files) and your good ta go

Back