Help me with folder security

neeshu

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am trying to create a progam that will help me protect a users folder from being modified or deleted can some help me out, in finding the code that i should use in order to achieve the goal.
Thanks !!

you would need to make that folder a windows namespace
like Control Panel
but search the VS documentation for that

Wait!!! Windows Namespace does NOT mean an ad-literam namespace, but it is most something on which, for example, Windows Vista's virtual folders are based onto. In other versions of Windows, this namespace is used only to present some regular folders (or even applications) like they were some special, uneraseble folders (eg: My Documents, Control Panel, Scheduled Tasks and so on).
Anyway, the term used to name this has been assigned long before .NET appeared. The good part is that, if you know your unmanaged C++, you could try porting the sample code from unmanaged C++ to managed Visual Basic (althouhg I fear it would be impossible). The bad part is that, although I encountered this while reading a Platform SDK documentation (searching for the way an autorun.inf file should be written - but that's irrelevant), I could find anything on Microsoft's site. So it would be best if you had your own version of MSDN and you would search for that same thing. Who knows what you might find ;) .
I fear this won't help you much, but I did my best.

Back