Help in arresting a syntactic Error

Dhruva

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,

I just started learning VB.NET. I have designed a simple form and two text boxes and 5 buttons includines one exit button.
On clicking one button, some text needs to be displayed on the text boxes. I was trying to assign that text into the text property of the textboxes.
I was getting an error message there saying that "expression expected".

PrivateSub customerrelationsButton_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles customerrelationsButton.Click

telephonenumberTextbox.text =
'626-500-1111'

departmentcontactTextbox.Text = 'Tricia Mills'

EndSub

Could you let me know what could be the problem here? Also please let me know if you require more information for this.

Change your single quotes to double quotes:

VB.NET:
[size=2][color=#0000ff]Private[/color][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Sub[/color][/size][size=2] customerrelationsButton_Click([/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]ByVal[/color][/size][size=2] sender [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]As[/color][/size][size=2] System.Object, [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]ByVal[/color][/size][size=2] e [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]As[/color][/size][size=2] System.EventArgs) [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Handles[/color][/size][size=2] customerrelationsButton.Click

telephonenumberTextbox.text = [color=black]"[/color][/size][size=2][color=#008000][color=black]626-500-1111"[/color]

[/color][/size][size=2]departmentcontactTextbox.Text = [/size][size=2][color=#008000][color=Black]"Tricia Mills"[/color]

[/color][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]End[/color][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Sub
[/color][/size]

Back