Guidance required for Programming

whyvenky

Programming Experience
1-3
I am a programmer working with .Net environment .I downloaded DevForce Express after seeing it highlighted at http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework. I also went to the website and saw how to write an application in 15-20 minutes. Now I want to know the following questions
Will this really help me increase my programming skills and speed as I saw on the site?
And secondly , my friend says, I will get more value for writing code myself as i go along in my career or maybe when I change jobs rather than using productivity tools. Is that right?

I am new to programming (first job) so guidance and suggestions are always welcome, please

Thx
Venky

1. it depends on what the best learning techique for you is, if it does help you then that's good, if not then i'm sure you'll find the "learning solution" that works for you

also asking questions on forums such as this is a great way to learn how to accomplish various things with code

2. again this depends what works best for you, for most people i'd have to say that coding things yourself is far better than seeing someone else's code

though there are exceptions to this because there have been several things that i've learned simply by seeing someone else's code....

the most important thing i'm saying here is feel free to ask questions, this entire site is based on people asking questions :)

Thanks for the help
Just trying to balance my self generated code with a tool that does the code quickly.
I will keep asking questions, no doubt.

Back