Good E-Commerce tool or plug-in?

ImDaFrEaK

Programming Experience
5-10
Just looking for a good e-commerce tool or plug-in or EVEN BETTER an article or good book on building my own.

I don't need anything crazy right now, just enough to let the user purchase something and redirect them according to the purchase being approved or not. Here's the scenerio.

User wants to buy some shoes.
They click to purchase.
Then they give Credit Info.
Review then submit.
Then redirect them to 'Thank you for your purchase...' or 'Credit Card Declined...'

I would much rather learn to do this myself but for times sake I am willing to purchase a nice tool already written that I can easily and quickly implement. Any help all round would be appreciated. Thanks :)

EDIT: Of course I don't need all the steps, just a tool to handle the payment options I am asking for. I understand how to build the pages just not the payment options and verification.

You could look for the Ibuyspy portal which I believe is at www.asp.net. If you want a full up shopping cart I suggest AbleCommerce or AspDotNetStoreFront. Shopping carts to avoid are LaGarde's StoreFront and BV Software's BVCommerce. I wouldn't trust putting my own credit card in those shopping cart systems having purchased source code editions of both.

Thank you Neal. That information is very helpful and I am in the process of reviewing them now. :) And I will definately avoid the two negative tools you mentioned.

Back