Global Hotkeys

ideprize

Programming Experience
10+
Hi All - Hope everyone is safe out there

I have defined some Global Hotkey keys (Function Keys F7, F6, F4) using the Public Declare Function RegisterHotKey Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As IntPtr, ByVal id As Integer, ByVal fsModifiers As Integer, ByVal vk As Integer) As Integer function along with the Protected Overrides Sub WndProc(ByRef m As System.Windows.Forms.Message) routine, etc. The functionality is working without incident. My dilemma is detection upon "return". The nuance I am really talking about is where does the "system park" when the textbox is waiting for input (the enter event has already been exited). Or does the Hotkey transfer create any type of "return" event that can be sensed to "do some work upon return". If the answer to the second part is no then is there some "method" of detection that can be employed in that "parking area". I tried using the keydown event but the event does not fire for the these "F" keys. I am thinking the RegisterHotKey function is grabbing at a higher level. Any insights would be greatly appreciated, especially on that "parking area".
Respectfully,
Ideprize

Back