Getting started with a project ? .NET 2005

welchb

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi All,

*** seem's I'm having trouble with the screen shots, so hope the text makes some sense -- sorry for this ***

Hope someone can help me with this and I hope it's something very simple ?

I'm trying to start a VB.NET project. previosuly when using .NET 2003, it asked me what type of project I wanted when I opened the IDE but now it seems this is 'different' as per the following screenshot.

c:\2005.jpg

As you can see this is the opening screen of the IDE. I also noticed that many of the icon's in the toolbox are grey'ed out which I guess is correct until the project type is selected.

I've tried right clicking within the soloution explorer to add something there but again I'm not seeing anything related to VB.NET whatever menu's I follow ?

For examples -->

C:\item.jpg

Can anyone please shine some light or help me on this please ?

Thanks & regards,

Brian

Hi All,

Just to let anyone know who's in a similar position -- I found the cause of my problems which was easy when you know.

Basically my install had not worked correctly and I needed to install again.

It took me a while to figure this out as the orginal install had said success and no errors where mentioned but I eventually went back to the original disks and problem fixed after trying again.

Cheers,

Brian

to post screenshots upload them as attachments to your post. in gif or png format, and ensure they are less than 800x600 and less than 50kb (otherwise they show as links)

These arent the real limits; neal can confirm the real limits, but not knowing what the limits are, these are what I keep to ;)

Thanks for the reply.

Think I solved my original problem but always useful to know.

Cheers again,

Brian

Back