getting into oop programming

Tnnspro77

Programming Experience
Beginner
Oop programming and I've been having a hard time getting started, I have books on it but im having a hard time following it :confused:. Do you guys have any sites/books that are good for getting into oop programming.
-Thanks

http://www.startvbdotnet.com/oop/default.aspx

OOP is realy very simple because it mimics the real world. In the real world you have types and objects. The type describes what an object of that type is and does. Objects are the actual things that are and do. You know what a Car is but you cannot drive the concept of a Car. A Car object has to be built for you to drive it. OOP is the same. You can define a Car class but to call its Drive method you must first create an instance of the class.

References in OOP are also based on the real world. If I want to call a person on the telephone and speak to them I must have an idea of who I want to speak to and how to contact them. If I have no phone number for them then I can't contact them. In VB.NET, if object A doesn't have a reference to object B then it cannot do anything to affect it. Without a reference object A is completely unaware of the existence of object B.

There are all sorts of analogies that you can draw between the real world and OOP for the very reason that OOP is based on real world objects and how they are used.

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the link and the info, hopefully that will help out
-Thanks

Back