Get weather from a site

xion911

Programming Experience
Beginner
Can somebody help me load some if this weather info into textboxes? Burbank, California (91501) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

BTW I have no idea what I'm doing. Anything you can give me to help me get started would be great.

Perhaps start with how to load this weather into text boxes:

<div class="dataCol1">Ozone</div>
<div class="dataCol2"><span class="b">Good</span></div>
<div class="dataCol3"><div class="aqIndex aq1"></div></div> <div class="dataCol1">PM2.5</div> <div class="dataCol2"><span class="b">Moderate</span></div> <div class="dataCol3"><div class="aqIndex aq2"></div></div>

Ozone should read "Good" and PM2.5 should read "Moderate"

im thinking you want to load the weather into a Windows form Labels or Textbox?, if so then you would need to either parse the page or use the

TextBox1.text = WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("Element Name Here").GetAttribute("Attribute as string here")

hope this helps :)

Thanks for the tip. I am having a hard time finding the element ID. I have watched some tutorials and the html code they have has "id" somewhere in it. All mine has is, well, you can see.

Hi i'm sorry for the first post its part right, just the ending was wrong :D, here's the correct way to do this
TextBox1.Text = WebView.Document.GetElementById("tempActual").InnerText
To Find the Elements of the page you need, what i did was view the page source then look for "Weather at a Glance" which was the table Title for the main weather then all bellow that was the Element ID's bellow look carefully and you'll se then all :), this should do what i think you need :)

So there's an ID called "conds_details_health" and that gives a lot of info. Do you know how I can break it up into sever text boxes? This is what I get
"Health
UV7 out of 16Pollen6.00 out of 12
Pollen Forecast OzoneGoodPM2.5ModerateFlu ActivitySporadic
View Flu Map "

View Page Source then CTRL + F to fins string, then put in "Weather at a Glance" and bellow that is mostly all the element ID's you need

Back