Question Get my VS project up and running again

JimmyP

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi guys, really need some guidance and help from anyone.
Was a VB6 beginner, have been working on a little project in VS for the past month or so. Was coming along just fine. Until that is, I formatted my hard disk and reinstalled everything. Now, when I open up the project I am getting a lot of errors and warnings.

"Type 'AxDIRECTORSHOCKWAVELin.AxShockwaveCtl' is not defined."
"Type 'AxMSChart20Lib.AxMSChart' is not defined."

Need some guidance on what to do to get back to where I was. I have installed everything so all the libraries etc should be there. I tried adding back the references, adding back the controls but still get these errors. I can't even get it to run. Just keep getting error prompts. And of course its showing the "designer" code which I dare not touch.

Its for a good cause, the app is a tool used to calculate glass thicknesses to the Australian code and was originally hoping to get this thing up and running and was going to sell it with all the proceeds going to unicef. But now... really need any help. I don't want to start over because there are so many formula's and stuff. Can anyone help? I need step by step instructions on what to do because right now, am stumped. Many thanks.

Latest posts

Back