Programming Experience
3-5
I get this error when I exit from my app:
Internal error: GDI+ is not properly initialized

Any ideas?

-Edward

GDI Error

Hi,
You messed with the way your forms are loaded, unloaded or disposed.
Something is staying when it should be going.
Anyways, this forum sucks.
Most of these posts have a bunch of views and like 1 or 2 replies, and the replies are like yours, which are just people having other problems.
Look at how old my post is, and you are the first person to reply.
Plus, you have to wait for the post to be posted...

-Edward

edd1em said:
Plus, you have to wait for the post to be posted...

Edward,

There is no moderation, your posts are posted instantly. If the topic is vague and people cannot help you, it is your fault for not providing enough information to invite a response. Helpful hints are to post informative subject lines and content (body) of your message that will allow others to efficiently help you.

Re: Whatever this topic is

Hi,
This is only one of the few posts that I have put on. I understand that it is vague, but look at the other posts, and not only from me.

It is not moderated as of late. But it used to be. I realized that it was not moderated after I typed the post.

In any case, I still feel the same way about the forum, and if you feel different then that is ok.

-Edward

Edward,

I am the owner, the sole owner, and these forums have NEVER been under any moderation whatsoever.

I am wide open to constructive feedback. I want to make the VB.NET Forums a great resource that grows with great information over time with valid information that can be found from the search system within, search engines, etc. so you and I, and others, can find the answers we need.

Re: Making vb.net forums better

Hi,
If your forum is not the one that had moderated posts, then I humbly apologize. It must have been a forum that uses the same layout as this one.

I think, a good way of getting answers is to make people answer.
Something like, for every n (new topic) posts, the person attempting to post has to respond to someone elses post.

Of course, there must be exceptions, newbies may not be able to answer any posts, so therefore we let them go.

Thanks for listening to my two cents.
-Edward

P.S. Yes I am a newbie, yet when browsing, and sometimes I just browse, I try to post something of help.

That sounds like a good way to get loads of B.S. responses if you ask me. You can't force people to help others if they don't want to.

Hi,
I do agree with the bs replies.
But, do you have any better ideas?
Look at any post page.
Most of these posts, are very newbiish. <-yes thats all me
And there are no posts to them.
I think a reply is better than nothing at all...maybe.

-Edward

Hi,
Just look at this post!
227 views!
9 Replies?
Nobody has had a gdi error?
Nobody has any ideas on the stuff we are writing?
Nobody wants to back up Neal?
Nobody wants to back up me?

Not saying that Neal nor I really need much backing up, but c'mon, nothing?

-Edward

Let's get back on track fellas. This is not a group hug forum but for professional programming, learning, and helping. If no one has the answer, keep digging for it yourself. I know for me, often I find the answer to my questions right after I hit that submit button! :)

Back to work...

The thing is most of those 227 views are guest's, not regulars.
I can't speak for everyone but no I haven't had that error.
I think you'll find a lot of the unanswered posts are either obscure issues or questions that have been asked a million times before. I think part of the problem is that some people will make a post instead of doing any research themselves and expect a miracle.

Neal said:
Let's get back on track fellas. This is not a group hug forum but for professional programming, learning, and helping. If no one has the answer, keep digging for it yourself. I know for me, often I find the answer to my questions right after I hit that submit button! :)

Back to work...

LOL oh come on Neal, give us a hug!

Hi,
I would imagine that yes there are alot of guest views.
227 vs less than 20?

So what have we come up with?
Leave more detailed posts?

And this will make this a better forum?

In any case, I am no longer knocking the forum, even if it seems like it.
It was a different forum that I was knocking in the first place.
Just tryin to help is all.

-Edward

Giving more detail helps us help you, but self-help should be the first thing. (I'm not saying you didn't BTW)

Back