Form Switching

xero

Programming Experience
1-3
Well let me start out by saying im new to vb.net so bare with me...

I am curious how to do the following:

When program is opened, goes directly to frm_login
When password and username are correct goes to frm_main (this is the main window)

What i am doing wright now is this:

When program is opened:

Frm_Main is called...

sub frm_Main_Load
Dim Formlogin As New frm_Login()
If loginVerified = false then
formLogin.Show()
counter_login.Enabled = True
end sub
sub Counter_Login_Elasped
Me.Visible = False
end sub

Once Frm_Main is called it goes directly to frm_Login... I had to use the counter in order to do this because for whatever reason the main form kept staying visible.

frm_Login

Sub ButtonClick
Dim FormMain as New Frm_Main
If tbx_user.text = "Username" And tbx_password.Text = "Password" Then
LoginVerified = True
FormMain.visible = true
Me.Close()
else
msgbox("Username or Password is incorrect")
end if
end sub

My problem right now is whenever i run the app it closes and goes through right, but when i go to close the main window after logging in it doesn't close the application.
I believe this is because i am declaring FormMain as a "NEW" form vs using the current form that is invisable.... What can i do to correct this problem???

Also what could i do to not have to use the timer to get the frm_Main form to close?

Thanks!!!

mzim

Programming Experience
1-3
try this one.
VB.NET:
 'in the main form
 public logged as boolean=false
 'in the form load
 dim x as new login()
 me.addownedform(x)
 x.showdialog()
 if logged = false then
    application.doevents()
 end if

'in the login form
 dim m as mainform
 'in the formload
 m= me.owner
 'in button click
   If tbx_user.text = "Username" And tbx_password.Text = "Password" Then
 m.logged = true
  close()
 else
   msgbox("Username or Password is incorrect")
   end if
   end sub

Warder

Programming Experience
1-3
Ok, the problem im facing is somewhat similar to what you started off with. My verification, however is from a URL. Below is the code ive got to check it. I know something is wrong, just that ive done a heap of crawls for everything im after, and this thread has been the closest =|

VB.NET:
[size=2][color=#0000ff]Private[/color][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Sub[/color][/size][size=2] txtURL_TextChanged([/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]ByVal[/color][/size][size=2] sender [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]As[/color][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Object[/color][/size][size=2], [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]ByVal[/color][/size][size=2] e [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]As[/color][/size][size=2] System.EventArgs) [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Handles[/color][/size][size=2] txtURL.TextChanged

[/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]If[/color][/size][size=2] txtURL.Text = ".../chatroom.asp" [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Then

[/color][/size][size=2]Main.WindowState = FormWindowState.Normal

Main.Show()

[/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Me[/color][/size][size=2].Visible = [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]True

[/color][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Else

[/color][/size][size=2]lblIncorrect.Visible = [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]True

[/color][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]End[/color][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]If[/color][/size][size=2][color=black]
[/color][/size]

Basically, what its not doing, is loading up the Main form, and keeping the Login form open.

When the login is validated by sending a login string to the server, it returns with chatroom.asp, it it doesnt, just comes back with a standard Login.asp. I get the browser control's URL sent to the Textbox as soon as its finished navigating.

VB.NET:
[size=2][color=#0000ff]Private[/color][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Sub[/color][/size][size=2] cmdLogin_Click([/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]ByVal[/color][/size][size=2] sender [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]As[/color][/size][size=2] System.Object, [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]ByVal[/color][/size][size=2] e [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]As[/color][/size][size=2] System.EventArgs) [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Handles[/color][/size][size=2] cmdLogin.Click[/size]
[size=2]
brwLogin.Navigate(".../Login.asp?func=1&Submit=Login&username=" + txtUsername.Text + "&password=" + txtPassword.Text)

txtURL.Text = brwLogin.LocationURL

[/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]End[/color][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Sub[/color][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff][color=#000000]
[/color][/color][/size]

Anyone point out what ive done wrong there ? =|

Thanks

Warder

Programming Experience
1-3
Wait, nevermind, as i expected, id work it out after a made a public post :eek:

Thanks anyways, logs in fine, now i just have to add my basic features like posting, etc, which i have fitted into previous versions. :)

Top Bottom