Form size recommendations

gogetsome

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello, I'm making my first distributed application and need some recommendations for the size of the winforms. Are they basically the same size one would use when creating a web page?

Any thoughts or commnets would be appreciated.

Thanks

See the Display Resolution stats down at this page http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

You still should check for usability at 800*600, other than that make it dynamic to support any larger views. (or static:))

I would say most screen resolutions used at web is same as those not used at web by public.

Thanks JohnH for your reply and links. That w3 link is golden!
Would you agree that 800x600 is a safe bet if the window is given a max size of 800x600. Or would this pose a usibility issue? It's been a while since I worked with winforms (I mostly do ASP.Net), but I can lock and dock the objects. I don't see the need to be able to size beyond the recommended 800x600 usability area. Aren't we still stuck designing for the near blind folks of the 800x600 worrld?

If you have a specific reason for the form to not become larger than 800*600 then so it is. Usually windows forms developer thinks the other way around and consider this the minimum size.. :) and use lock/dock and the different container controls like panels etc to make "the image editing app" working good full screen also at 1600*1200 resolution or higher.

Back