floating text in form

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,

I need a help. I want to add a floating text in my VB form. like to announce some important information.

in HTML we use marquee tag for that, but I don't know how to do it in VB form

Show another form, either with Show method or ShowDialog method.

You can show html in a WebBrowser control in a form.

I just realized that perhaps you didn't actually mean "floating" as in something floating independently of the form, but rather "moving" text like marquee that you mentioned. For that you can use webbrowser and show a standard html marquee, or do some fancy stuff with a custom painted control. Search web "windows forms marquee" and you should find reusable controls for this. I should also mention the WPF platform, that is markup oriented like html, has pretty good built in support for animations.

rajkumar.shukla, are you wanting to display html on your form? Or are you wanting to scroll text like a marquee on your form?

see, my aim is to scroll text like a marquee in my form. if this not possible than I just to see if I open my html file within the form will it work or not. for opening the HTML file, first I create a marquee html file than open the same into the visual basic form.

I also tried timer with lable in form it works, but one problem the action is not repeating on the same. means my text goes from left to right like a marquee in HTML file but this action work only once.

Having a label on your form with the text scrolling like a marquee is certainly do-able, I haven't made a control that does this yet but here's a thread on another forum where the guy did make one, might be worth it for you to check it out: VS 2010 [SOLVED] Marquee Label-VBForums
If that control doesn't work for you out of the box, we can always work with you here on modifying it so it does work for you.

Back