File Transfer Program

cob

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello all! First post ^_^

Got a question here, I have been learning VB through a textbook at the library. It offers a lab for a file transfer utility (IE move it from C:/user/folder/file to C:/other user/folder/file)

Anyway, my employer has asked to write a version of this program which can transfer a file in the same way but, to upload it to a website. what information do I need in order to change the program from trading between users or drives to transferring it to a data storage website?

Thank you kindly!

Cob

What do you mean by "upload it to a website" and "transferring it to a data storage website"? Is it a ftp server, or a webService, or something else?

Well, it is for an insurance agency. It's a web service which is used as an interface for the agency, to replace the company's current interface.

What i want to do is transfer files from a hard drive here to the website's server. I have included a video link. It is training for use of the website... this part is not important. But it does show you exactly what the end goal is, what it should look like when I'm done. I don't know if it is helpful but, I am looking at this top-down. The end result is it will be displayed on the page in the video

I want to take them from windows storage on my hard drive to this website's server. If that makes sense. I am sorry if I am not clear! I have yet to begin my computer science courses and my background is entirely self-taught and home study.

113 Document Overview - SunriseAMS's library

Back