File System on Target Machine

ChasG

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi Folks,

I am using VB.NET 1.1 I want to deploy a solution for distrubution on CD. As part of the solution I want some folders to be installed on C:

I have added the folders as Custom Folders under 'File System on Target Machine'. I have set the default location in the Properties Window to [C:]

The solution builds and installs except but the folders do not install anywhere. Clearly I am missing or misunderstaning something. Is there anyone who can help?

Thanks

Chas

AlwaysCreate property defaults to False, in which case the folder is only created if it contains something.

Thanks John,
I have discovered the solution. Instead of [C:] I should have set the default location with the full pathname of the folder without square brackets (or quotes). I was presuming that because I had given the folder a name in the System Folder Editor it just needed to know where to put it. Sometimes I'm a bit dim.

Thanks for your help.

Chas

[ROOTDRIVE] is probably useful for you, not all machines have a C: drive.

That's another consideration. Thanks. The machines this is going onto will have but I will remember for future. I'm new to VB. Never tried the other VS applications. Don't know if they're any mor user-friendly.

Chas

Back