Question Explosion effect ...

PRo-Beaniie

Programming Experience
3-5
Hey guys,

Im trying to make an explosion effect in VB.Net, i was thinking mabye somthing like a flicker book i have 25 images of explosion in sequence i have tried to make the flicker book effect but just cant figure it out ... :confused:

i have not got any current code for this method...

Would This work...

If you want to do it that way, your simplest option would be to create an animated GIF and then just show that in a PictureBox.

I have read on many different forums using a Animated gif does not work on the form .... Woruld this work ?

I'm fairly certain that a PictureBox supports animated GIFs, although I don't think I've ever had cause to do it myself. You could simply try it with an existing image and see for yourself.

I'm fairly certain that a PictureBox supports animated GIFs, although I don't think I've ever had cause to do it myself. You could simply try it with an existing image and see for yourself.

For the record, it does work (I used it in my first VB.net program). This approach is quite nice given that:
1) your picture is such as can be nicely displayed as a GIF normally. Photo-quality images don't look very pretty at all.
2) It is always the same sequence of images. If you want to animate something where the image to be shown depends on an external influence (such as the user controlling a character) you're better off switching the images yourself.

Back