Excel File versus XML Data Load in simple VS Project

mond007

Programming Experience
10+
Hi I am writing a Visual Studio application whereby I need to import a simple matrix of 6 columns by 200 rows of data. The scenario is that the user puts in question number and the application looks up the question and display the 5 columns of the answer details, image and hyperlink from the source data. I have written the main screen. The columns are as follows:

QUESTION NO, ANSWER NO, ANSWER DESC, ANSWER CAT, ANSWER CAT COLOUR, ANSWER IMAGE, AMNSWER HYPERLINK.
(Note each question has a corresponding image e.g. Image1_6 and a hyperlink pointing to a web page somewhere justifying the answer.)

1. The question is whether to import from the source file straight into my VS project from the supplied Excel file or import using an XML Map and Data import method. In theory there is no need for the XML method/import as data security is not an issue or the no of records is hardly anything.
2. How do I import the images to the resource folder using code so that I can simply reference image no when displaying the image into the picture box to the right of the answers record.

(Note the reason I haven?t loaded all the data in an array is because the questions/images keep changing from the users point of view).

Thanks in advance Kuldip

Back