Question Error on "Claim" with OPOS Printers

Taesith

Programming Experience
5-10
OK, I've been wracking my brain for a few days now, can't seem to find a solution to a problem I'm having with OPOS printers. Here's my scenario;

I have a winforms application written in vs2005 vb.net, we'll call it program.exe

program.exe launches other programs (dlls) that contain various winforms. we'll call those module1.dll, module2.dll, etc. program.exe is basically a launcher app, mdi parent, that contains references to the DLLs.

Now, I am trying to write a bit of code that uses OPOS to communicate with an EPSON TM-U230M.

If I put the code in the executable project (program.exe) everything works fine. I can open, claim, and print. However, if I put the code in one of the DLL projects, i get an error during the ClaimDevice method (if using OPOS generic drivers, the error is "106", if using microsoft.pointofservice the "Claim" method throws an exception).

I have tried anything I could think of; adding a separate executable project to contain all of the OPOS code, calling the new executable with Process.Start and some command line parms, but nothing seems to alleviate the issue.

One other point, as i mentioned before, program.exe contains references to multiple projects (built as DLLs). In one of those projects, this works (it's an invoicing application), however, in another DLL project, this fails. I can't seem to find any difference in the two.

Thanks for any help...

Last edited:
Back