Question Embedding one form into another form

Kamakhya

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,
I have a application in which i have to show a customised calender in a form. For that I m tring to create the customised calender in one form and embedd that form into the main form. Can we embedd one form into another from? if so, How?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty sure that you can't "embed" a form into another form, at least not that I have heard of. However I believe what you are looking for is a custom user control.

Here are a couple links: One and Two

here is an older one

Last edited:
Hello,

If you want to trap a form into another form i belive it goes like this:

secondform.show
After the code to open the second form you also need to write the folowing:
secondform.MdiParent = me

Didnt test the code, hope it works for you.

When you set a form's isMdiParent property to True, an MdiClient control gets added to the form's control's collection (you can't really access it directly), however you should be able to add one to the form's controls collection and define a region where it'd be and you can host other form's in it similar to how the default MDI works.

Just a thought.

Hi,
Thanks for your replies, I figured out that embedding one form into another is not possible. So I am using Ajax control toolkit for the type of calender control I want.

What does Ajax have to do with a windows form? Ajax runs on web forms in a browser, are you wanting to embed a web form inside another web form?

Back