Efficiently linking to an Access 2007 Database

Ggilmann

Programming Experience
3-5
Hello all,

I've got a quick question. I'm very experienced developping database interfaces using the MS Access 2007 VBA. I've just switched to Vb Net for various reasons. I've got the link with my database working, I can access all the info correctly. It was surprisingly simple to get it to work.

However, I'm wondering if there's an easy way to link a form to a table, like you could do using VBA. I'm also wondering if there's an easy way to do subforms and link identifiers with the parent form without explicitely codingit all in VB net.

Thanks,

Ggilmann

If you create a Data Source in the IDE then you can drag tables and columns from the Data Sources window onto your forms to generate data access objects, controls and bindings. That's about as easy as it gets. Of course, you may need some manual intervention to get certain things to work the way you want.

Alright, that sounds exactly like what i need.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by Data Source though. Is it something I can add to my project by right clicking in the solution explorer?

Can you give me anymore info, so i can have a starting point?

Thanks,

Ggilmann

There's a Data menu item in the main menu. You can go from there. For more information, try following the Data Walkthroughs link in my signature. The How Do I link may help also.

Back