Editing VBNET code on 2 PCs

webbmeister

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have a VBNET project - a windows application - that I am editing on my work PC. However, I need to be able to take the project away on my laptop to be able to wotk from home. I use VBNET 2003 Developer edition & I have configured both so that they use the same drive letter - my USB pen drive for prject paths, however I am unable to open projects created in the office on my laptop & visa versa.
I select open project from the start screen & point at the .VBPROJ file & nothing happens.
Any ideas anybody?

Thanks for the reply.
All the code is at this stage is a form with standard buttons and text bixes etc. Havent written any code behind any of this yet.

From browsing the web, there seems to be no way of editting code on a different machine. This is madness!!! what if my machine blows up, or needs upgrading? Do I have to recode every project I have every done. Surely there must be some mechanism where code can be passed to another machine!!! Don't microsoft envisage more than one person working on a piece of code!!!!

Look, i've never met problem like this ... i can open any project on my computers and also on my laptop. It's something wrong with your machines or OS but of course you can pass the projct from one to another PC and work with. For illustration notice the attachments that we leave here.

Regards ;)

I think his problem is when he is compiling / running etc etc its not in a trusted location as its on his USB Pen...

Try creating a local folder on each machine with the same path and simply use the USB key to move things from one place to another.

:eek: :p

u live and learn =)

Back