Duplex printing

Savidged

Programming Experience
10+
I am trying without success to get my printer to print pages in duplex from a vb.net application. The printer is a Minolta C350 which does print duplex from a Word doc.

The code includes:
PrintDocument1 = New System.Drawing.Printing.PrintDocument()
PrintDialog1 = New System.Windows.Forms.PrintDialog()
PrintDialog1.Document = PrintDocument1
Dim result As DialogResult = PrintDialog1.ShowDialog()
With PrintDocument1.DefaultPageSettings
.Margins.Top = 5
.Margins.Bottom = 5
.Margins.Left = 5
.Margins.Right = 5
.Landscape = True
EndWith
PrintDocument1.PrinterSettings.Duplex = Duplex.Horizontal
PrintDocument1.Print()

I would be most grateful if anyone has any suggestions,
Dave.

You didn't tell us what is the actual problem ... you cannot print a doc at all or you can do that but only one side ?
Ok let me try to guess for a while ... :D

Try something like this:

VB.NET:
[color=blue]If[/color] PrintDocument1.PrinterSettings.CanDuplex = [color=blue]True[/color] [color=blue]Then[/color]

PrintDocument1.PrinterSettings.Duplex = Printing.Duplex.Horizontal

PrintDocument1.Print()

[color=blue]End If[/color]

CanDuplex is a read-only property that returns a True/False value indicating whether the printer supports double-sided printing. If your printer is supporting that then ....​

Cheers ;)

Thanks for the reply, and, yes you were right in assuming that I could print single sided. However, my printer is duplex and I had checked in debug that the value of .CanDuplex was True. So, I still have the problem.

Thanks, Dave.

IS that a network printer?
Btw, what's going on after this first side has been printed? What's happening after that? Exception, error msg ...or simply nothing?
However, this time let's try with the next code actually leave the printer's default duplex setting.

PrintDocument1.PrinterSettings.Duplex = Printing.Duplex.Default

Cheers ;)

I tried the line of code setting duplex to default (and set to left binding at runtime in the printer dialog box). Unfortunately it still won't work for me.

It is a network printer and all pages are printed in simplex.

Many thanks for the suggestions,
Dave.

Did you ever get this problem solved?? I have the same problem.

I tried the line of code setting duplex to default (and set to left binding at runtime in the printer dialog box). Unfortunately it still won't work for me.

It is a network printer and all pages are printed in simplex.

Many thanks for the suggestions,
Dave.

Back