Doubt regarding openevent() in vc++

sudhanshu22

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi all,

I am writing a multithreaded code in vc++, where I am using createevent() and openevent() function to control threads.
hEvent1 = OpenEvent(EVENT_ALL_ACCESS, FALSE, "Event1");

I want to know the significance of first 2 arguments. This is in light of
when I tried EVENT_MODIFY_STATE in place of EVENT_ALL_ACCESS, it did not give desired result as I was not able to set/reset events in 2 separate threads, apart from main thread. My code creates 2 new threads and then communication between the 2 threads is by set/reset events.

The second parameter is for making the handle non-inheritable. what about the event "Event1". Is this event always accessible by all threads at all times. I mean any thread or any other dll/ exe file can open a handle to it at any time.

Regards
sudhanshu

I am trying this in vc++.net. This is not a visual basic code. Event in c++ is one way of synchronization.
Can people suggest answers?

Hello,

This forum is specific to VB.NET. If you have a problem you need assistance with regarding VB.NET, please post your question.

You will only find forums related to VB.Net development on this site. If you didn't notice it's called VB.NET FORUMS. We use Visual Studio too, you know.

Back