Dotnet Framework Problem

tushar149

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello everybody..

I have been facing this problem for the past few days now..
Ok. the problem is my VB.NET APPLICATION EVEN A SIMPLE PROJECT IS NOT RUNNING. MY PROBLEM IS WHEN I CREATE A NEW PROJECT AND RUN IT AS IT IS WITHOUT DOING ANY THING SUCH AS RESIZING FORM OR ADDING SOME CODE INSIDE FORM IT RUNS FINE. BUT WHEN I SLIGHTLY RESIZE THE FORM OR ADD CERTAIN CODE AND THEN WHEN I RUN IT, IT GIVES ME ERROR "AND EXCEPTION TYPE OF SYSTEM.ARITHMATICEXPRESSION HAS OCCURED IN SYSTEM.DRAWING.DLL" I DON'T KNOW WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM. CAN ANYBODY HELP ME OUT IN THIS MATTER. AND AFTER GIVING ERROR IT POINTS TOWARDS SYNTAX "PUBLIC CLASS FORM1". ONE THING I WANT TO MENTION IS THAT MY ASP.NET PROJECTS ARE WORKING FINE...

MY PC HAS WINDOWS2000 PROFESSIONAL INSTALLED & RAM IS 256 AND PORCESSOR IS AMD. DON'T KNOW WHAT IS THE PROBLEM.AND I HAVE VISUAL STUDIO 2002 INSTALLED WITH 1.0 AS DOT NET FRAMEWORK INSTALLED.

IT'S AN URGENT REQUIREMENT.
TUSHAR

i dont know why or how you're getting that problem, but what i can tell you is that vs2002 is extremely problematic

i'm personally using vs2003 and dont have any problems with it or anything, you might want to upgrade to vs2003 or wait for vs2005's final release and upgrade to that

Hello And thanks for reply.

Is it that VS2002 not working in Windows2000 Professional. Actually my asp.net projects are working very fine indeed. Actually i have noticed again today that when i load a new project & when i run it without touching a code or without touching form it works fine without that exception error. But when i resize the forms i don't know what happens and that error comes and it points towards "Public class Form1" statement. It is that it cant execute that system.drawing.dll. And one more point i would like to specify here is that i have also seen that when i go into dot net framework wizard in control panel and when i double click it to open it gives me same message but with different windows "An exception has occured in system.arithmatic..." and ask me how to debug it... Don't know actually what to do.

I have s many times uninstalled and installed both VSTUDIO and DOT NET framework.but in vein..Can anybody give me more suggesstions...

Tushar

hi
I am having this problem even with Visual Studio 2003.
Same System.ArithematicException occurs for me.
Can anybody help me solving this problem.Please help me.

Back