Displaying Data from MSAccess db

brich1977

Programming Experience
3-5
I'm simply just trying to display database elements into a DataGrid using Web Forms. I'm using WindowsXP, IIS, and MS Access 2002. Compiling produces no error messages, but when i go to my localhost domain, it produces this:

Server Error in '/website/projects/VisualBasic/project03' Application.
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\database.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\database.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

Source Error:

Line 108: Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.LoadLine 109: 'fill the data grid with database elementsLine 110: dbAdapter.Fill(dbDataset)Line 111: dbDataset.DataBind()Line 112: End Sub

can anyone help me? i think its something to do with handling file permissions in WindowsXP or Access, but i don't know how to do that. i've tried to look it up but no luck.

Back