display data to crystal report from multi table..

tommyboy

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,
correct me if im wrong...
I herd tat v cannot read data from multi table so tat can abstract them n make readable on crystal report...

but i hv dun sumthin like create a dataset.xsd file tat contains 2 tables n n try fill them in t reportviewer n can succesfully read them in rpt file namely in crystal report...im using vb.net 2003 n seq server 2000!

but if i try t same method for more tables im facing prob sumthin like ...query engine error..C:/Doc~/.....temp/temp....4ed.rpt...<<<sumthin like this!

cld anyone help me y m gettin such error?:(

here i hv attached ma sample pic of Employee table n its foreignly linked tables as well..n i hv attached t code too..

Attachments

• Employee table and linked tables.JPG
    Employee table and linked tables.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 192
  • code.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 72
Creating a Report Table

When I have had many tables going into a report this is what I have done.
I create a ReportLoad form with access to all the tables on it. I perform my logic on this form to create a ReportTable which consists of all the fields added together into one tidy dataTable. I loop through the main Table and add its data to the ReportTable and then keep adding the data from the detail tables until I get all the data needed for the report.
I don't ever save this data to the server, I just push it to the report and clear it when I'm done.

Just trying to give you an idea on a different way of skinning this cat.

Back