display data in table format

Srija

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,

I have a table with columns projects,timing,significance. I need to print the projects in a table format based on there timing and significance. For example, if project timing is 1 and sig is 1 then i shoudl print it in the row=1 and column =1 i.e., first table cell.

tha table should contain 3 rows and 3 columns.

it should look like this

project 5 project 8 project 9

Please need help with this

Thanks

All printing is done using a PrintDocument in a .NET environment. It's up to you to use GDI+ to draw whatever strings, lines, images, etc. you want onto the printing surface. There is a printing example in the 2003 101 Samples.

jmcilhinney , thanks for your reply.

I am new to VB.NET. Infact, i am jsut learnign VB.NET with this project. I searched little bit on how to print a docuemnt. I came to know that we can print with GDI+,which are developed on windows Forms. But I am delveloping ASP.NET web application. So I need to draw the table in an aspx web page.

If i develop window form for drawing this table, how can I include that one in my aspx page? please can you address this ?? I would appreciate.

If you mean you want to display this table on a web page then I'm afraid that I can't help you. I've never done any web development so I don't know much at all. If that's what you want then let me know and I'll move this thread to the ASP.NET forum. If you really do mean you want to print to paper than you would still use a PrintDocument. It is a member of the System.Drawing.Printing namespace, so not specific to WinForms.

Back