Desktop Intergration

howester77

Programming Experience
5-10
I have a application that appears on the left of the monitor. How do i make it "Always on Top" and automaticlly resizes any other application that has conflicting window boundaries?

Do u know C++ and how to use it in Windows Programming? It would take finding the hWnd for each and every window that would interfere, and to be honest, i only know how to do that with Spy++.

P.S. the equivalent for hWnd is Form.Handle.ToInt32

Have a look at the findwindow api it returns an intptr which is the handle to the window you've found. You could run a loop to find all the windows and check their bounds for their location.

Just so you don't get too dis-heartened. The part of the program to find all the windows currently being displayed is the easy bit. The hard bit will be the logic for moving the other windows around, and then checking for the acivation of other windows and resizing them accordingly, now that bit is going to take some time.

NB. Of course you'll have to do all this while not interfering with anything else.

vis781, I don't think a loop would be the solution. I mean, what if i open a new window while running my app? Wouldn't I have to run the entire loop again?
Anyway, u know the help in MSOffice; it resizes the main program window accordingly. Would that be what howester77 wants, 'cause I don't really understand...

You'd have to run a loop, even if you were checking the current processes and you noticed that a new app had started, you'd still need to know where that window was, and if it had any child windows

Back