Designing Application For SQL Server Problem

dynexell

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello everyone...i'm a new user to both vb.net and sql server 2000.Well...i am developing an inventory management system for my final year project.The database for my system will be develop using MS SQL Server 2000 and i'm intend on using VB.NET to developed the system interface.Right now i would to ask..to develop an application using VB.NET that would connects with a sQL Server and in which the system will be implemented in networking environment..can i develop application interface as a window application..as i read in books...the interface for SQL Server must be developed as a ASP Web Application..so can i create as ordinary window application that can be connected with a server in a network?Can i?thank you for your help..

dynexell said:
<snip type="Big o'le kind">...</snip>as i read in books...the interface for SQL Server must be developed as a ASP Web Application<snip>...</snip>

WHAT? I'd like to know what book said that. I can guarantee you that you can most certanly connect to SQL Server in a Windows application in .NET.

Tg

ADO.NET works in both Web and Windows Forms. You use your standard ADO.NET connection routines. See any book or ADO.NET sample code.

Back