Deployment problem -> "Not a valid Win CW application"

wina

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hai... I'm a newbie... need some helps here :confused:

I've tried to make a simple application (named Hello.Exe) for my smartphone O2 XphoneIIm with Visual Studio .Net 2003. It's only a program with a form with a text message "Hello it's a trial". I've succeded in running the application through emulator, make .Exe file from the program, creating the Cab file, and install the Cab files in my phone.

The problem is, i cant run the application from my phone. I clicked on the Shortcut from start menu, and .Exe and .lnk from File Manager. Message " "Hello" is not a valid Win CE Application." appears on screen.

I have no problems in installing other application such as Home Screen, RJV sound recorder, Smart tris Game. And program run smoothly in emulator (Though... i have to deploy and run the program by "start without debugging". If i choose "Debug" i cant find the installed program in emulator after the installation process, even it appears at the Removeable program path)

So... what is it about the " "Hello" is not a valid Win CE Application." message in mu phone. What did i do wrong? Any clues.....? I'm doing my final project for my studies by making an application for SP2003 SE. I need some advice.... thanks :eek:

Regardss
Wien

problem solved

i'm not sure if .Net framework already installed in my phone. HOw to find that out...? maybe from some menu in the phone?

But... i found out where i did wrong.
It's at the step of putting all the files (cabwizSp.exe, makecab.exe, cabWizSp.ddf, Helloexe, Hello.inf) together in one folder when i'm going to make Cab. I picked the wrong "Hello.exe"
The one i used is from HelloSetup\debug\setup.exe instead of Hello\bin\debug\hello.exe.

So... the second one is the right file. :)

Back