Deployment of .NET-created DLLs for use from VBA

badwiring

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi,

I'm relatively new to anything outside of VBA programming (and a little VB6) so please forgive my ignorance.

I'm trying to create a VB.NET class library and reference from a VBA application which will be deployed to several hundred users. I'm past the security, strong name key, etc.

What I want to do is have both the VBA app (an Excel workbook) and the DLL on a file server instead of deploying the files to every client. The catch is that, if I understand correctly, the DLL must still be registered on every single machine from which it is used.
Is it possible to create a deployment package that can do that? Or do I have to run RegAsm.exe on every single system? I can't seem to write a batch file for that because RegAsm.exe isn't in the system path and there's no certainty that it will be in the same directory on each system.

I appreciate any suggestions or guidance.

Thanks,
Scott

Hey Scott, this is probarbly too late! I don't have much experience in VBA programming but I know that you can easily write a custom action in a msi to run your regadm.exe on every machine you deploy to. You could alternatively capture this registration information, store it in your msi's registry and deploy that,

hope it helps

PJ

Back